Human Resources Manager
Vineyards Country Club is currently hiring a hands-on Human Resources Manager to lead our HR function with the purpose of creating and implementing policies and best practices in line with the club’s strategic goals. The Manager will oversee the entire spectrum of HR functions, build effective and productive relationships, and review, formulate and implement HR policies and procedures, while ensuring legal compliance.
- Manages the organization’s human resources activities, including benefits administration, employee relations, on boarding/exit interviews, performance management and employee evaluations, employment law compliance, and other key HR functions
- Work with management in the recruitment, selection, and orientation of new staff members. Administer new hire paperwork and maintain the required documents for new employees
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and requirements
- Research, develop, maintain, and update policies and the Employee Handbook as needed
- Counsel management and employees on employee relations issues. Work directly with management on performance improvement plans with employees
- Handle all aspects of benefit administration and wellness programs. Run open enrollment meetings annually as well as for new employees. Maintain and audit deductions in payroll system. Audit and process invoices
- Update and maintain employee personnel and benefit files
- Develops new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee engagement
- Administer the 401K Plan and assist with annual audits
- EEO compliance and administer annual reporting
- Identify training needs and develop action plans to support employee development and foster an environment of continuous learning
- Responsible for overseeing safety initiatives, compliance and handing all workers’ comp paperwork, follow up with employees, and annual filings
- Run the Safety Committee monthly meetings, prepare agenda, type up minutes and train on safety topics
- Maintain and update club’s Employee Safety Manual
- Responsible for entering and auditing of HR and benefit information in Paylocity.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of HR management including employment law, benefits, compensation, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety and training
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience entering data, updating and maintaining HR information and running reports in HRIS system, Paylocity a plus