We are looking to hire an energetic Catering Manager with excellent customer service skills. The overall responsibilities include selling, planning, and executing club and private events. This individual will work closely with all departments to ensure a successful event with a positive guest experience.
- Foster relationships with members and clients as to maintain a database of repeat and referred business while prospecting for new events
- Meet with clients to determine their needs, while executing and exceeding their expectations through detailed communication
- Responsible for creating banquet event orders (BEOs) and co-leading weekly BEO meetings with F&B and operations staff to discuss details of upcoming events
- Prepares and has a thorough knowledge of set up, layouts and maximum room configurations for a variety of banquet activities including, but not limited to; meetings, weddings and receptions
- Provide accurate monthly event pace reports
- Maintain and grow event CRM database
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Manager regarding ideas for social media advertising and posts, creation of offers/specials, website content, and collateral materials for print.
- Work with Executive Chef, Director of Food and Beverage and Catering team to establish and design profitable and competitive member and private event catering guides.
- Development and execution of client correspondence, proposals, estimates, contracts, BEO’s and invoices
- Create, update and distribute club’s master monthly calendar of events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Hospitality Management or related field
- 2 years’ experience as Catering or Event Manager in a comparable hospitality environment
- 2 years’ experience in catering or event sales experience, in facilities with greater than $2 million annual catering/event sales
- Creative menu development skills including food, wine, spirits and beer as well as pricing knowledge
- Previous experience in fully executing and coordinating a wedding ceremony processional and wedding reception
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
- Must possess the following strengths: High energy, motivational leader, excellent communicator, strong developer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
- Must be organized with extreme attention to detail
- Must have the ability to be assertive and firm, yet tactful and respectful
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays if required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), catering software such as Club Essentials, Open Table, and Reserve Cloud, Wedding Wire and The Knot dashboards