The Club Controller is responsible for all aspects of the financial reporting at Vineyards Country Club. This position handles the payroll, manages the Administration staff, and works with multiple senior management staff daily.
- Leads Accounting and Admin team.
- Reviews and maintains contracts and leases, including cell phone lines and office equipment.
- Manage and conduct internal auditing procedures to help ensure that records and assets are accurately maintained, and established policies/procedures are consistently followed.
- Prepare monthly sales and use tax returns.
- Supports externals auditors in in annual audit of Club Financials to ensure that procedures are consistent with Club policies and GAAP. Audits include 401kplan, year-end, and Workmen’s Compensation.
- Assist and oversee all club computer inventory and IT issues.
- Interface with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and Department of Revenue during audits.
- Works with Clubhouse Maintenance and Outside Cleaning Company to ensure all areas of the buildings are kept clean and maintained.
- Oversee and/or process all 1099’s and submit the return to Department of Revenue.
- Work with vendors to verify pricing is correct, assist in renewals.
- Receives and processes invoices.
- Verifies timecards for Admin & Accounting staff.
- Maintain Inventory of all food, beverage, retail and equipment.
- Provide documentation and work with appraiser.
- Process payroll for 160+ employees.
- Assist in budgeting for capital improvements. Verify invoices and work with contractors on invoices during construction projects.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Assists in developing monthly forecasting and daily reports to management and board of directors.
- Coordinate preparation of annual budget across Club departments at the direction of the General Manager.
- Reconcile monthly bank reconciliations, as well as multiple credit card reconciliations.
- Oversees petty cash reconciliations.
- Communicates monthly with multiple association accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or relevant field is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge Paylocity a plus.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Experience in Beanworks or CSI preferred.
- 3-5 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
Vineyards Country Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Vineyards Country Club does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
About The Company
Located in the heart of beautiful Naples, Florida, Vineyards Country Club is a private, non-equity club open to both residents and non-residents of the community. Founded in 1988, the Club is family-owned with a rich history and long-standing Naples reputation built with integrity, compassion and dedication to the complete Club experience. We are a drug-free workplace. Candidate must pass both a background check and drug screen. Vineyards Country Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.