F&B Assistant Banquet Manager
We are looking to hire a hands-on F&B Assistant Banquet Manager with excellent customer service skills. This individual will support the Banquet Manager and ensure the perfect execution of large dinners, receptions and events that require food and beverage. This includes providing support and guidance to the Events team and will work closely with all departments to ensure a successful event with a positive guest experience. Will also be responsible for assisting F&B outlets and day-to-day operations and administration within the food and beverage department.
- Making sure that the room is set correctly, tables are decorated, the food is presented well, and service goes off without a hitch.
- Oversees floor staff with Banquet Manager during an event and making sure that they are in uniform and serving the clients in a professional, friendly and timely manner.
- Liaison to the chefs and cooking staff in the back and will communicate the execution of all food.
- Responsible for breakdown of events and setting for the next operational day as necessary.
- Responsible for assisting in F&B outlets
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of the F&B operations including, inventory, spreadsheets, worksheets, data reporting, menu formatting and maintaining POS content.
- Assist in daily F&B operations including employee-side work, schedules MOD reports and closing of the building, being ready for the next operational shift.
- Assist in maintaining a safe work environment for employees and guests.
- Full-time management position that requires full flexibility including weekends, days, nights, holidays and a varied schedule.
- At least 2 years of event experience in a hospitality environment.
- Previous experience hosting, bussing and serving preferred.
- Event service Manager/Assistant, Banquet Captain, Event Service Supervisor or Restaurant Manager preferred.
- Must have great customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of members and guests.
- Must be proficient in computer programs, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Publisher, POS, Musthavemenus and CANVA.
- Extremely creative, innovative, detail-oriented and organized.
- A thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service and restaurant operations are key.
- Must possess the following strengths: High energy, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service.