Location: Naples, FL, USA
Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Director and Dining Room Manager(s), insure that all guests receive top-quality food and friendly, personalized service in a clean environment. Also, be at best in appearance and attitude to insure guests are happy.
- Greet and acknowledge members and guests.
- Is knowledgeable about the menu, buffet and wine list.
- Ability to time the service of each course.
- Learns members’ names and their special preferences.
- Knowledge of wines and spirits.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required roles during emergency situations.
We are dedicated to hiring outstanding individuals who share our passion for delivering exceptional dining experiences.
Vineyards Country Club considers the health and well-being of its staff members to be one of it’s highest priorities. We are pleased to offer a variety of benefits designed to meet the needs of today’s dynamic workforce.
All eligible full-time regular employees are offered the following benefits:
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability.
- Life Insurance.
- Voluntary Life Insurance.
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan.
- Sets up side station and performs assigned side prep work.
- Provides immediate attention to all members and guests upon seating.
- Makes sure that children are in the appropriate type of seat and are safe and secure.
- Distributes food and wine menus; describes menu items has knowledge of all items and answers questions.
- Suggests menu items.
- Ensure that the correct account numbers and names are given for billing.
- Efficiently serves food and drinks in a friendly and courteous manner
- Places orders with kitchen; informs cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Assembles food on tray; procures items from each station as necessary.
- Serves meals; places dishes by courses in front of each person.
- Checks back to ensure member and guest satisfaction; replenishes water and butter as necessary.
- Removes soiled dishes. Clears tables after each course and resets them with appropriate silverware.
- Presents dessert menus, suggests and serves dessert, coffee and after-dinner drinks.
- Verifies accuracy of prices and member names and presents the bill.
- Handles all member charges/credit card charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Keeps dining room and bus station areas impeccably clean.
- Clears, cleans and resets tables that have been vacated.
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by the manager.
- Consistently follows local and state laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages to members and guests.
- Performs other appropriate duties assigned by Food & Beverage Manager
- At least one (1) year server experience in the hospitality industry. Private Country Club/High-end resort experience highly preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, Club Essentials experience a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include holidays, weekends and evenings
- Strong, polite communication and excellent customer service skills
- Be able to carry full service tray steadily
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- At least one (1) year of server experience in the hospitality industry. Private Country Club/High-end resort experience highly preferred.
- Ability to perform computer operations. Club Essentials experience is a plus.
- Ability to know customer needs and wants without having to ask to the best of their ability.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include holidays, weekends and evenings as needed to fulfill job requirements.
- Be able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends and holidays).
- Must be responsible, dependable and punctual.
- Must have strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Must have a clean and professional appearance.
- Be able to carry a full-service tray steadily & comfortably.
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Vineyards Country Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Vineyards Country Club does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
About The Company
Located in the heart of beautiful Naples, Florida, Vineyards Country Club is a private, non-equity club open to both residents and non-residents of the community. Founded in 1988, the Club is family-owned with a rich history and long-standing Naples reputation built with integrity, compassion and dedication to the complete Club experience. We are a drug-free workplace. Candidate must pass both a background check and drug screen. Vineyards Country Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.