Wellness Center Administrator
The Wellness Center Administrator is a brand ambassador, responsible for the coordination of Wellness events involving Fitness and/or Spa, assisting the fitness center, Spa and Café with facilitating daily functions, supervising the floor, employees, fitness and spa desk, and assisting both the Fitness & Spa Managers with projects and events. The position entails collaborating with all departments and the Managers to achieve the best member experience possible.
- Be able to properly open and close Wellness facility including, spa, fitness and café each day according to Standard Operating Procedures, by needs of the business
- Have flexibility in schedule to accommodate business needs
- Event Planning for entire Wellness Center
- Collaborate with Managers to create the Wellness Calendar of Events each month by appointed due dates
- Update event schedule to maintain accuracy and credibility and to keep the membership updated with changes
- Work with members/clients to organize their events in the Wellness Center
- Handle Administrative tasks for the Wellness Center
- Accurately book, change and cancel appointments (via telephone and in person)
- Provide detailed descriptions of fitness classes, packages, services, facility features and hours of operation
- Utilize operating systems with accuracy and proficiency, maximizing potential revenues and control loss prevention
- Encourage and coach team members on hospitality etiquette, standards of conduct, and correct operating procedures as set by Director
- Recruit, hire, train and conduct onboarding for new Wellness Center employees
- Handle member’s questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked, and well-organized work area
- Maintain employees’ schedules and assist manager with payroll and other computer tasks
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the Wellness Center
- Assist in all areas of Wellness operation as requested by management
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff or members in the Wellness Center that require attention.
- 2 years of experience in a customer-oriented atmosphere, preferably a hospitality field
- Previous experience in a fitness center or spa a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to multi-task.
- Have a personal training background
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess basic math and money handling skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality. Must be a team player.
- Excellent communication, listening and computer skills.
- Must know how to collaborate and work efficiently with others.